Sam Hughes Funeral Info
NOTE – if you plan on returning to this page after the funeral, please bookmark it now as we will be removing the link from the top menu after the funeral.
Thanks to all who came and especially to those who participated in the services through word, music, song, and other means.
- Viewing was 7 to 8 pm Friday evening January 6 at Strode Funeral Home, Stillwater Oklahoma
- Funeral was 11 am Saturday morning January 7 at Stillwater Stake Center
- Hotels – list at Stillwater Visitors Bureau
- Stillwater Convention and Visitors Bureau has lots of info about the area – on west side of town on Highway 51 – 6th street. You can stop by for a visitors packet if you are interested in seeing the area attractions. 2617 W. 6th street. They will be on your right if you drive in on Highway 51 from the west (from Oklahoma City).
- Strode Funeral Home – near downtown
- Stillwater Oklahoma Stake Center- 2324 West 26th Stillwater (southwest of town) – map
- Sunset Memorial Gardens Cemetery – about 5 miles south of town on 177
- Major airports Tulsa Airport (TUL), Will Rogers Oklahoma City Airport (OKC). – they are about equal distant from Stillwater. We tend to fly from Tulsa more often, but others prefer OKC. When booking flights, remember to ask the airline for funeral rates. Also note, Southwest SOMETIMES has economical rates to and from the west, and they are not usually listed by the other online booking services.
- General Directions to Stillwater from the two airports –
From Tulsa Airport come south out of the airport, get on 244 west, follow it to 51/64 west, follow them to Cimarron Turnpike (412) west, stay on the turnpike to Stillwater exit (Stillwater exit spur is perhaps 10 miles long), take the Perkins Road exit. Go south several miles on Perkins road to get to Stillwater. Tulsa Airport is about 75 miles from Stillwater. Gilcrease Museum (art from the American west) a couple miles west of downtown Tulsa is among their major attractions. You will see a Gilcrease exit on your right quite shortly after you get on 51/64 headed west out of Tulsa.
From Oklahoma City Airport (you are on your own to get to I-35 North, follow it to Highway 51, follow Highway 51 east to Stillwater. Oklahoma City Airport is about 85 miles from Stillwater. You will need to print a map off Mapquest or somewhere to find your way from the airport to I-35 north. Among Oklahoma City’s major attractions are the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial and the Cowboy Hall of Fame.
You will probably run into some construction coming from either airport. Cimarron Turnpike has recently had construction on it and downtown Oklahoma City usually has areas under construction.
Microtel is real close to Pat’s apartment
Perkins Road is a major north south road with lots of eateries, Hall of Fame (east west road that crosses Perkins Road also has several eateries in the same area). Both streets also have several hotels and are reasonably close to Pat.
Map of all the Stillwater event locations is below. Click on a balloon to see what is at that location. You can zoom the map from controls in its top left corner.
View Sam in a larger map
phone info — gary & lora polson contact us at Contact tab above